Written by Mark Tercek | August 25th, 2014
Nature is the fundamental underpinning to human well-being. Our CEO Mark Tercek applauds USAID’s new Biodiversity Policy, which brings conservation and development closer together.
Written by Mark Tercek | February 25th, 2014
What’s Elizabeth Kolbert’s favorite endangered species? Read her interview with Mark Tercek about her book The Sixth Extinction.
Written by Jack Hurd | January 31st, 2014
More than half of the wood products consumed in major markets come from somewhere else. In 2010, the United States was the top buyer of wood furniture from the Asia Pacific region. That might just include your favorite chair.
Written by Adam Bloom | January 14th, 2014
Written by McKenzie Jones | January 13th, 2014
Saving the radioactive cows, West Virginians soon to have clean water restored, and an attitude adjustment re: urban biodiversity in today’s green news.
- “Let the Cows of Hope Live!” is the call of a rancher seeking to save cows turned radioactive after the Fukushima power plant disaster. (NY Times)
- A West Virginia chemical spill, which left many residents without access to clean running water for five days, is thankfully nearing its end. (Huffington Post)
- Have US cities woken up to the value of urban wildlife? Some say the changes taking place look like the start of an urban biodiversity movement. (Yale Environment 360)
Written by McKenzie Jones | December 27th, 2013
Who wouldn’t enjoy more monarch butterflies? Learn about the key to their comeback, as well as a Snow Dragon in the Antarctic and smart dimming streetlamps in L.A. in today’s green news.
- The key to a monarch butterfly resurgence could be right in your backyard. (New York Times)
- “Snow Dragon” seeks to rescue a Russian ship, which became trapped in ice during its polar expedition. (Huffington Post)
- Los Angeles stands to curb energy use by 40% with the help of Tvilight. (Grist)
Written by Megan Sheehan | November 27th, 2013
Written by Megan Sheehan | November 25th, 2013
Written by Megan Sheehan | November 22nd, 2013
Written by Megan Sheehan | November 21st, 2013