Written by Madeline Van Tassel | December 3rd, 2013
Written by Megan Sheehan | November 22nd, 2013
Written by Madeline Van Tassel | November 8th, 2013
Written by Megan Sheehan | October 24th, 2013
The green news this morning makes us want to watch “Spaceballs.”
- Could an air vacuum fix Beijing’s smog? (Cue mental image of giant spaceship-turned-vacuum cleaner…) (Grist)
- Two rarely seen oarfish have washed up on California’s coast this month — are they trying to tell us something? (The Daily Beast)
- Even edible plants like morels, rhubarb and potatoes have enough toxins to make us sick. (NPR)
- One of the largest inland oil spills in the U.S. raises detection concerns. (New York Times)
- The most distant galaxy yet (and it’s head-spinningly far away) has been discovered by a team of international scientists. (BBC News)
Written by Madeline Van Tassel | October 22nd, 2013
Written by Megan Sheehan | October 3rd, 2013
Today’s green news is filled with weird climate change effects and, yes, zombies.
- The world’s oceans are declining much faster than anyone thought, thanks to climate change, overfishing and pollution. (BBC News)
- Turns out car exhaust is confusing honeybees to death. (The Atlantic Cities)
- More bad news for bees: these huge Asian hornets are stinging people to death and killing bees in Europe. Yikes! (Grist)
- What can zombies teach us about the spread of disease? A lot, apparently. (MNN)
- As sea ice shrinks, tens of thousands of walruses are gathering on land. (National Geographic)
Written by Madeline Van Tassel | September 3rd, 2013
Written by Giulio Boccaletti | August 20th, 2013
Hydropower may be controversial, but NGOs must engage with the hydropower community to ensure the impact is positive, says our managing director of global freshwater.
Written by Mark Tercek | August 16th, 2013
Why would The Nature Conservancy choose to work with the operator of the largest dam in the world? Read CEO Mark Tercek’s take on a new alliance to improve how dams on the Yangtze are designed.
Written by Madeline Van Tassel | August 13th, 2013