In today’s green news: A plan to hunt the endangered rhino, when bees were destroyed, the broken ocean and more.
- The preservation of the country’s open landscapes in the west has some folks troubled. (New York Times)
- What can 1 million trees do? Quite a lot, as it turns out. (MNN)
- A Texas hunting club has plans to auction off a permit to hunt one of the world’s most endangered animals. (ABC News)
- The dinosaurs weren’t the only victims of mass extinction 66 million years ago. (BBC News)
- Silence of a broken ocean haunted this yachtsman on his voyage across the seas. (Sydney Morning Herald)
Donate to The Nature Conservancy and give back to nature.