We’ve got green news on Obama’s climate speech, a massive dead zone in the Gulf and the last Exxon Valdez victim.
- Obama laid out his plan to combat climate change on a sweltering day in DC, no less. (MNN)
- Gasoline party? Massachusetts could be the first state to adopt a carbon tax. (Grist)
- New bird species discovered in Cambodia! (BBC News)
- All of the rain in the Midwest + massive amounts of fertilizer run-off = biggest dead zone ever for the Gulf. (National Geographic)
- The last surviving otter from the Exxon Valdez oil spill has died. (TreeHugger)
Donate to The Nature Conservancy and give back to nature.
Tags: animal, BBC News, Birds, climate change plan, dead zone, Exxon Valdez, fertilizer, floods, global warming, Grist, Gulf, massachusetts carbon tax, MNN, National Geographic, new bird species, obama climate change plan, oil spill, otter, pollution, run off, Treehugger