Bushmeat, lightbulbs and great whites are buzzing in the green news this morning.
- CITES’ progress this year included these five breakthroughs for wildlife. (MNN)
- Still thinking about “greening” your light bulbs? Think no more: there are new reasons to change your light bulbs. (New York Times)
- Bushmeat hunting is changing the ecology of rainforests. (Huffington Post)
- Coal no more: Los Angeles is ditching this fossil fuel by 2025. (Grist)
- Hungry predator: Great whites eat three to four times more food than previously thought. (Discovery News)
Donate to The Nature Conservancy and give back to nature.
Tags: accomplishments, bushmeat, bushmeat hunting, CITES, coal, Discovery News, great white diet, great white sharks, great whites, Grist, Huffington Post, LED lightbulbs, light bulbs, Los Angeles, MNN, New York Times, rainforest ecology, wildlife protection