In today’s green news, we talk mpgs, the Chesapeake Bay and Arctic sea ice.
- Exciting news in vehicle fuel-efficiency standards (is that an oxymoron?): Cars must average 54.5 mpgs by 2025. (Washington Post)
- Could the Chesapeake Bay suffer because of farm bill negotiations? (Grist)
- Arctic sea ice has hit a record low, and global warming is to blame. (National Geographic)
- Could future hurricanes hit Category 6? (Discovery News)
- Beautiful images: See the Veolia wildlife photographer of the year. (Guardian)
Donate to The Nature Conservancy and give back to nature.