Today is a good green news day — there are some interesting things happening in the world of conservation!
- Hawaii is the first to have a statewide ban on plastic bags — but there are some loopholes. (Treehugger)
- The first underpass for elephants will hopefully reunite herds in Kenya. (National Geographic)
- The very cool Map of Life reflects the distribution of all plant and animal life on Earth — you can search by species (and maybe see those Kenyan elephants!). (Green)
- If the Internet were a country, it would be the fifth biggest consumer of electricity in the world, according to Greenpeace. (Christian Science Monitor)
- Need weekend plans? A dazzling solar eclipse will occur this Sunday! (Discovery News)
Donate to The Nature Conservancy and give back to nature.