The top five stories we’re seeing on the web this morning:
- Obama visits a northern Virginia Home Depot to promote energy efficiency and weatherization, refers to insulation as “sexy” (Green Inc.).
- A new report says that the economic stimulus bill will create 900,000 green jobs (Treehugger).
- Do the most recent drafts of the international climate agreement neglect to address the effects of a growing population (DotEarth)?
- The airline industry is “getting serious” about a move away from petroleum (Environmental Capital).
- “A plateau is almost like a frying pan in the sky,” says Nature Conservancy climate expert Barry Baker. Is that why southern China’s glaciers are receding at an alarming rate (LA Times)?
Donate to The Nature Conservancy and give back to nature.
Tags: airlines, alternative energy, China, Climate Change, Copenhagen, DotEarth, economic stimulus, energy efficiency, Environmental Capital, Green Inc., insulation, Los Angeles Times, Obama, population, receding glaciers, Treehugger, weatherization