Opinions expressed on Cool Green Science and in any corresponding comments are the personal opinions of the original authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of The Nature Conservancy.
Last updated: March 16, 2011
Editorial Policy and Guidelines
Here are some things you should know and guidelines we need you to follow as you craft your submission:
- We welcome and encourage vigorous debate on Cool Green Science. We will not discriminate against comments that express views different from the official stated position of the organization or of its individual bloggers simply on the basis of that difference.
- However, all comments submitted to this blog are moderated, which means that they will be reviewed by Conservancy staff prior to their publication. We have final edit and approval of any comment or blog submitted for publication.
- We reserve the right to reject a comment or blog for publication if we feel the comment violates our guidelines or is otherwise inappropriate. We also reserve the right to edit comments or blogs for style, length or other considerations. The decision to post your comment or blog on any of our websites is at our discretion.
- Comments or blogs containing obvious factual inaccuracies, unattributed facts and quotes, insulting comments, or libelous/unlawful statements will not be published. While vigorous debate is welcome, all remarks should generally be directed at issues, positions, events, and statements, rather than at individuals.
- We will not publish comments or blogs that we deem to be abusive, defamatory, embarrassing, harassing, hateful, obscene, profane, or threatening to another person or entity, including the Conservancy.
- In addition, we reserve the right to not publish submissions that we deem for any other reason to be unsuitable, unlawful, or objectionable, such as but not limited to the content of the posting/material (for example, the usage of inappropriate language), the subject matter, the timeliness or relevance of the material/posting, or reasons related to intellectual property, among others. We may employ technical tools to identify postings that may contain objectionable material.
- Comments or blogs that link to web pages that violate any of the above guidelines will not be published.
- We encourage readers to comment under their legal names, but we do not require them to do so.