Written by Darci Palmquist | May 19th, 2014
In honor of World Turtle Day on May 23, spend a little time getting to know sea turtles and find out how you can help protect these magnificent creatures in one of their most important habitats, the Coral Triangle.
Written by Robyn James | November 6th, 2013
With mining proposed across the Solomon Islands, how will the decisions and agreements made now shape the country’s future?
Written by Megan Sheehan | August 21st, 2013
We’ve got climate change updates, nasty plastic news, showers of poison and more in today’s green news.
- IPCC is near certain that climate change is caused by humans. (The New York Times)
- A poison shower to kill rodents on an island could help rare seabirds recover, say the Feds. (Huffington Post)
- Fukushima is leaking 80,000 gallons of contaminated water into the Pacific Ocean every day. (NPR)
- More dolphin deaths are found off the coast of Virginia, with little evidence as to why they’re dying. (Washington Post)
- Rare sea turtles are eating plastic at a record rate. (MNN)
Written by Megan Sheehan | May 6th, 2013
Written by Jake Cohen | November 2nd, 2012
The team is encountering sea turtles galore! Read about their diving experiences with some of the ocean’s most vulnerable nomads.
Written by Joanne Wilson | November 28th, 2011
Learn how ecotourism is behind one of the most important marine conservation achievements in Indonesia.
Written by Joanne Wilson | November 18th, 2011
Wake up with the expedition team to calm, clear waters surrounded by jaw-dropping mountains. It’s time to go diving and monitor some reefs!
Written by Nicole Levins | August 3rd, 2011