Written by Megan Sheehan | December 2nd, 2013
A threat to Christmas trees, cube-friendly plants and protecting NYC from storms all in today’s green news.
- There’s something lurking in the soil, and it’s creating a “national problem” for the Christmas tree market. (NBC News)
- An urban school alliance is using its purchasing power to get suppliers to create and sell healthier and more sustainable products. (The New York Times)
- A surefire way to combat the winter blues? One of these 10 plants will brighten your day and clean the air around you! (MNN)
- The NZ government announced a plant to protect the world’s rarest dolphin, but conservationists say it’s not nearly enough. (BBC News)
- There’s a new plan to protect the Bronx and Howard Beach from storm surge — much of which will include natural infrastructure. (LongIsland.com)
Written by Megan Sheehan | November 7th, 2012