Written by Trevor Martin | December 12th, 2013
The centuries old debate, “nature vs. nuture” finally has a winner…when it comes to fruit flies. Plus, aliens invade New York City!!
Researchers with the Virginia Bioinformatics Institute at Virginia Tech studying fruit flies
that live on opposite slopes of a unique natural environment known as “Evolution Canyon” show that even with migration, cross-breeding, and sometimes the obliteration of the populations, the driving force in the gene pool is largely the environment. (PHYS.org
- Just like Men In Black, A newly seen species of cockroach invades New York City, Periplaneta japonica. (National Geographic)
- Did you know that chameleons change colors to communicate? (LabEquipment)
Written by Trevor Martin | May 31st, 2013
Green Buzz News Time!
- What happens when you ask 14-18 year olds how to debate science? (Guardian)
- This bird gives a whole new meaning to the term, “early bird”. (Guardian)
- Ok, did you really wanna see that new Will Smith movie? Or just know why humans are on the menu? (Forbes)
- George Michael was right (the singer, not the character from Arrested Development), sometimes the clothes do not make the man or in this case, mice. (TreeHugger)
- Oakland has a new landmark, a natural science museum for the public. (NPR)