Written by Megan Sheehan | October 16th, 2013
Written by Megan Sheehan | August 1st, 2013
It’s a new day and a new month, so let’s start it off right with some green news.
- Want to get closer to nature? Try following a toddler, for whom “…the dried worm as tragic as a starving polar bear; the walnut shell as mysterious as the queen conch.” (Grist)
- Iraq has declared its first national park in the southern marshlands that many call the cradle of civilization. (National Geographic)
- Amazon Prime sure is convenient… but is it eco-friendly? (MNN)
- The Apollo Lunar Landing Legacy Act has many asking if it’s really time for space environmentalism. (Wired)
- The Caribbean has lost 80 percent — that’s right, 80 — of its coral reef cover in recent years. (The Guardian)
Written by Kerry Crisley | July 3rd, 2013
Four in five American voters agree that conserving our country’s natural resources is patriotic. So what will you do this 4th of July to get the most of nature?
Written by Kerry Crisley | June 25th, 2013
Strawberry season is the perfect time of year to educate your kids that our food is grown outside — it doesn’t magically appear on the table like a feast at Hogwarts (contrary to what some may think!).
Written by Matt Durnin | June 13th, 2013
Sometimes, it’s hard to impress children. A father uses his upcoming trip to Papua New Guinea to teach his snake-loving son a lesson on the Birds of Paradise.
Written by Jon Schwedler | June 10th, 2013
As kids we’re taught not to play with fire. So how do you explain your job to your sons when you’re setting managed, controlled fires for a living? The Conservancy’s Sam Lindblom shares his story.
Written by Megan Sheehan | May 10th, 2013
When the state of the environment feels overwhelming, it’s good to remind yourself — and your children — that little things can create big change.
Written by Madeline Van Tassel | April 27th, 2013
A huge Earth Day thank you to everyone who participated and made Picnic for Earth a worldwide celebration. From D.C. to Afghanistan, over 12,000 nature-lovers celebrated Earth Day outdoors with good food and great company.
Written by Nicole Levins | April 15th, 2013