Written by Megan Sheehan | February 21st, 2013
Wake up, smell the coffee, hear the birdsong and get your Green Buzz on.
- There’s a reason that birdsong sounds so pleasant to our ears. Could our own language have evolved from it? (Phys.org)
- Buy a new car, get solar panels for your home. Nice! (New York Times)
- U.S. Republicans: are you listening? China just announced plans for a carbon tax. (Grist)
- Could the sequester affect the environment? That, and science and your health. (MNN)
- Thanks to a coffee fungus (eww), that cup of joe you’re drinking is in danger. (Discovery News)
Written by Nicole Levins | December 13th, 2010
You know about the oil spill, but what other stories made our lead scientist’s list of environmental issues that dominated the year?
Written by Chrissy Schwinn | April 7th, 2009
Keith Johnson over at Environmental Capital has uncovered some of the critical details within the Waxman-Markey draft climate legislation. Commenting about some of the minutia addressed in the draft bill, he says: Reflecting perhaps California’s disproportionate influence in Congress these days — Henry Waxman is the chairman of the House Energy and Commerce Committee — […]