Written by Megan Sheehan | December 5th, 2013
Think humans are apex predators? Think again.
- Despite what you may think, we aren’t apex predators like sharks and lions; but meat eating is on the rise worldwide. (Mongabay)
- A carbon tax isn’t here yet, but some surprising companies are already planning for it. (Huffington Post)
- As if they weren’t deadly enough, crocodiles use lures to catch their prey! (Science World Report)
- Trouble is arriving in New Jersey on six legs, and it doesn’t bode well for the state’s pine forests. (NPR)
- Update on the stranded whales: These pilot whales like to stick together, and that’s not good for the ones who are still alive, stranded. (NPR)
Written by Megan Sheehan | November 27th, 2013
Written by Sanjayan | November 25th, 2013
Intellectualizing climate change is one thing. But to see a changing climate first hand? That’s an experience that will stick with our lead scientist forever.
Written by Megan Sheehan | November 22nd, 2013
Written by Megan Sheehan | November 18th, 2013
Written by Madeline Van Tassel | November 12th, 2013
Written by Robyn James | November 6th, 2013
With mining proposed across the Solomon Islands, how will the decisions and agreements made now shape the country’s future?
Written by Megan Sheehan | November 6th, 2013
Written by Mark Tercek | November 5th, 2013
The finalists of Solution Search, a contest to illuminate successful innovations in community-led conservation, are, in short, changing the world. Meet the winners.
Written by Megan Sheehan | November 4th, 2013