Written by Megan Sheehan | August 1st, 2013
It’s a new day and a new month, so let’s start it off right with some green news.
- Want to get closer to nature? Try following a toddler, for whom “…the dried worm as tragic as a starving polar bear; the walnut shell as mysterious as the queen conch.” (Grist)
- Iraq has declared its first national park in the southern marshlands that many call the cradle of civilization. (National Geographic)
- Amazon Prime sure is convenient… but is it eco-friendly? (MNN)
- The Apollo Lunar Landing Legacy Act has many asking if it’s really time for space environmentalism. (Wired)
- The Caribbean has lost 80 percent — that’s right, 80 — of its coral reef cover in recent years. (The Guardian)