Written by Madeline Van Tassel | November 15th, 2013
Written by Madeline Van Tassel | November 1st, 2013
Written by Megan Sheehan | October 31st, 2013
Written by Ian Shive | October 23rd, 2013
Conservation photographer Ian Shive travels to Palau and takes us underwater and in the air — and reveals what it’s like to photograph this magical and irreplaceable world.
Written by Megan Sheehan | October 23rd, 2013
We’ve got promising green news on how we move forward with energy needs in a world of climate change threats.
- The experience of seeing a California condor in the wild has been more rare than the bird itself…until now. (San Jose Mercury News)
- The nation’s largest labor unions are gathering to talk about how to create green energy jobs and fight global warming. (NBC 10 Pittsburgh)
- What’s hungry, aggressive and is destroying Caribbean reefs? The invasive lionfish, of course. (CNN)
- Pandas might be more resilient to environmental change than previously thought. (CBS News)
- A teenager has made a startling dinosaur discovery. (Fox News)
Written by Megan Sheehan | October 21st, 2013
Another mysterious fish washes ashore in today’s green news.
- How many tree species do you think reside in the Amazon? A new report estimates just how diverse the rainforest is. (Pentagon Post)
- Another rare oarfish has washed ashore in California, and scientists are stumped as to why. (Reuters)
- This report has us wondering what our oceans are going to look like by 2100. (Environment News Service)
- The end of an oil era is 2070, says a major oil company. (MNN)
- Giant Asian tiger shrimp — we’re talking the length of a forearm — have invaded U.S. waters. (TreeHugger)
Written by Megan Sheehan | October 16th, 2013
Written by Megan Sheehan | October 7th, 2013
Written by Megan Sheehan | October 2nd, 2013
Written by Megan Latour | September 23rd, 2013
Our resident knitting experts thinks knitting rules. She also just created a beautiful shawl from sustainable wool from sheep raised in Patagonia. What makes wool sustainable? Read on to find out!