Written by Mike Sweeney | August 5th, 2013
Despite our fear of sharks we’re beginning to respect these great predators and recognize how important they are to keeping oceans healthy.
Written by Megan Sheehan | August 1st, 2013
It’s a new day and a new month, so let’s start it off right with some green news.
- Want to get closer to nature? Try following a toddler, for whom “…the dried worm as tragic as a starving polar bear; the walnut shell as mysterious as the queen conch.” (Grist)
- Iraq has declared its first national park in the southern marshlands that many call the cradle of civilization. (National Geographic)
- Amazon Prime sure is convenient… but is it eco-friendly? (MNN)
- The Apollo Lunar Landing Legacy Act has many asking if it’s really time for space environmentalism. (Wired)
- The Caribbean has lost 80 percent — that’s right, 80 — of its coral reef cover in recent years. (The Guardian)
Written by Andrew Benson | July 26th, 2013
Happy Friday! I don’t know about you, but my favorite part of the morning is sipping on coffee and reading green news stories of the day! Grab a cup of joe and check these out!
- There’s no place like home! After years of improper captivity, this dolphin found its way back home after being released back into the ocean! (HuffPo)
- The week that has mesmerized and even terrified viewers is almost here! Meet the man legend behind shark week! (MNN)
- Remember that old phone in the junk cabinet that you can’t bring yourself to throw away? Why not recycle it! (TreeHugger)
- If only utopias really did exist… Oh wait… (TreeHugger)
- Fill in the blank: The best place for solar power is _______________. I bet you didn’t guess New Jersey! (MNN)
Written by Megan Sheehan | July 22nd, 2013
Written by Andrew Benson | July 12th, 2013
It’s Friday! ..and we all know you’re on Facebook at work… But don’t worry, we’ll keep it a secret while you check out these green news stories!
- So we already knew dolphins are smart and have many talents, but is detecting pregnancy one of them? (HuffPo)
- I wonder if Forrest Gump could ride a bike from San Fransisco to Brazil like this 70- year old man!(HuffPo)
- I’ll admit, my inner child is a bit jealous of this house built in a tree! (TreeHugger)
- That moment when the batteries in the remote die may be a bit further apart, thanks to rice! (TreeHugger)
- This may not be the alien spaceship from ‘Man of Steel’ but finding a cargo plane six decades old beneath the ice is still pretty awesome! (HuffPo)
Written by Megan Sheehan | July 10th, 2013
Written by Megan Sheehan | June 27th, 2013
Written by Megan Sheehan | June 17th, 2013
Written by Madeline Van Tassel | June 11th, 2013
Written by Megan Sheehan | June 10th, 2013