Written by Megan Sheehan | August 29th, 2013
Written by Megan Sheehan | August 28th, 2013
Written by Sanjayan | August 26th, 2013
What does a conservationist look like? Many wear motorcycle helmets, as proven by the new partnership between The Nature Conservancy and Harley-Davidson.
Written by Megan Sheehan | August 26th, 2013
Written by Madeline Van Tassel | August 21st, 2013
An all-African American team of nine hikers climbed Denali and achieved their goal: to inspire people of color to get outside and pursue their dreams.
Written by Megan Sheehan | August 21st, 2013
We’ve got climate change updates, nasty plastic news, showers of poison and more in today’s green news.
- IPCC is near certain that climate change is caused by humans. (The New York Times)
- A poison shower to kill rodents on an island could help rare seabirds recover, say the Feds. (Huffington Post)
- Fukushima is leaking 80,000 gallons of contaminated water into the Pacific Ocean every day. (NPR)
- More dolphin deaths are found off the coast of Virginia, with little evidence as to why they’re dying. (Washington Post)
- Rare sea turtles are eating plastic at a record rate. (MNN)
Written by Megan Sheehan | August 19th, 2013
Written by Megan Sheehan | August 15th, 2013
Written by Andrew Benson | August 9th, 2013
It’s Friday and you want to get out of the office so we won’t take up too much of your time for today’s #GreenBuzz.
- Great Scott! The future is here! Solar Energy is becoming more popular and more affordable (HuffPo)
- There is nothing sadder than this: Study finds Green turtles are swallowing increased amounts of plastic (Guardian)
- Yeah, that brand new car in your driveway may be sleek and fuel efficient, but by 2040, it may be illegal… (TreeHugger)
- Have you ever thought about doing all of your gardening underground? With a pricetag of 300 dollars, this may be worth a look! (TreeHugger)
- New York City mayor Michael Bloomberg is calling composting the city’s “The final recycling frontier.”(ENN)