Written by Megan Sheehan | December 5th, 2013
Think humans are apex predators? Think again.
- Despite what you may think, we aren’t apex predators like sharks and lions; but meat eating is on the rise worldwide. (Mongabay)
- A carbon tax isn’t here yet, but some surprising companies are already planning for it. (Huffington Post)
- As if they weren’t deadly enough, crocodiles use lures to catch their prey! (Science World Report)
- Trouble is arriving in New Jersey on six legs, and it doesn’t bode well for the state’s pine forests. (NPR)
- Update on the stranded whales: These pilot whales like to stick together, and that’s not good for the ones who are still alive, stranded. (NPR)
Written by Megan Sheehan | December 4th, 2013
Written by Megan Sheehan | December 2nd, 2013
A threat to Christmas trees, cube-friendly plants and protecting NYC from storms all in today’s green news.
- There’s something lurking in the soil, and it’s creating a “national problem” for the Christmas tree market. (NBC News)
- An urban school alliance is using its purchasing power to get suppliers to create and sell healthier and more sustainable products. (The New York Times)
- A surefire way to combat the winter blues? One of these 10 plants will brighten your day and clean the air around you! (MNN)
- The NZ government announced a plant to protect the world’s rarest dolphin, but conservationists say it’s not nearly enough. (BBC News)
- There’s a new plan to protect the Bronx and Howard Beach from storm surge — much of which will include natural infrastructure. (LongIsland.com)
Written by Megan Sheehan | November 27th, 2013
Written by Madeline Van Tassel | November 26th, 2013
Written by Sanjayan | November 25th, 2013
Intellectualizing climate change is one thing. But to see a changing climate first hand? That’s an experience that will stick with our lead scientist forever.
Written by Megan Sheehan | November 25th, 2013
Written by Megan Sheehan | November 22nd, 2013
Written by Madeline Van Tassel | November 19th, 2013
Written by Megan Sheehan | November 18th, 2013