Written by Madeline Van Tassel | June 27th, 2013
Is it just us or is this eagle owl is growing a goatee? Flickr photographer Flywayphotos captured this crisp shot of a fuzzy eagle owl and we’ve selected it as the Nature Photo of the Week, bearded-face and all.
Written by Megan Sheehan | June 26th, 2013
Written by Madeline Van Tassel | June 20th, 2013
Oh, to be a bird! So graceful and majestic, soaring through clear skies. Flickr photographer Evan Silver snapped this photo of a hawk in the Galapagos. Great capture!
Written by Matt Durnin | June 13th, 2013
Sometimes, it’s hard to impress children. A father uses his upcoming trip to Papua New Guinea to teach his snake-loving son a lesson on the Birds of Paradise.
Written by Megan Sheehan | June 13th, 2013
Written by Trevor Martin | May 31st, 2013
Green Buzz News Time!
- What happens when you ask 14-18 year olds how to debate science? (Guardian)
- This bird gives a whole new meaning to the term, “early bird”. (Guardian)
- Ok, did you really wanna see that new Will Smith movie? Or just know why humans are on the menu? (Forbes)
- George Michael was right (the singer, not the character from Arrested Development), sometimes the clothes do not make the man or in this case, mice. (TreeHugger)
- Oakland has a new landmark, a natural science museum for the public. (NPR)
Written by Madeline Van Tassel | May 30th, 2013
Written by Megan Sheehan | May 22nd, 2013
Written by Madeline Van Tassel | May 10th, 2013
What a great capture! Flickr photographer carolynpepper caught these three Mergansers at just the right moment, perfectly in sync on Lake Vermillion in Minnesota. Thanks for sharing your image through The Nature Conservancy’s Flickr group!