Think humans are apex predators? Think again.
- Despite what you may think, we aren’t apex predators like sharks and lions; but meat eating is on the rise worldwide. (Mongabay)
- A carbon tax isn’t here yet, but some surprising companies are already planning for it. (Huffington Post)
- As if they weren’t deadly enough, crocodiles use lures to catch their prey! (Science World Report)
- Trouble is arriving in New Jersey on six legs, and it doesn’t bode well for the state’s pine forests. (NPR)
- Update on the stranded whales: These pilot whales like to stick together, and that’s not good for the ones who are still alive, stranded. (NPR)
Donate to The Nature Conservancy and give back to nature.
Tags: apex predators, carbon tax, Climate Change, crocodiles, Everglades, global warming, Huffington Post, humans, lure, meat eating, Mongabay, New Jersey, npr, pilot whales, pine beetle, prey, science world report, stranded whales