In today’s green news, we discover a volcano and smarter streetlights. Read on…
- It’s official: carbon emissions set to hit new record high in 2013. (Mongabay)
- What’s hiding beneath Antarctic ice? Hint, it’s active and could speed up ice loss. (National Geographic)
- Not to point fingers, but… these 4 countries might be the biggest disappointments at U.N. climate talks. (Grist)
- Natural disasters have cost the world a whopping $3.8 trillion since 1980. (Mother Jones)
- How streetlights could become hubs for power and information. (Mother Nature Network)
Donate to The Nature Conservancy and give back to nature.
Tags: active volcano, Antarctica, carbon emissions, climate talks, COP, daily news, green news, Grist, MNN, Mongabay, Mother Jones, Mother Nature Network, National Geographic, natural disasters, streetlights, The Green Buzz, volcano, warsaw