Could mapping the genome of big cats help save them? That and more in today’s green news.
- Illegal lobster killing has been caught on tape at a major Maine seafood plant. (CBS News)
- These big cats are highly endangered, and now their genomes have been mapped, in an effort to help save them. (BBC News)
- How are the animals in a Colorado animal sanctuary faring after the record rainfall? (Huffington Post)
- Deconstructing Dinner: This new series is attempting to show us where our food really comes from. (TreeHugger)
- New map adds in a new climate factor: people. (Christian Science Monitor)
Donate to The Nature Conservancy and give back to nature.
Tags: animal sanctuary, BBC News, big cats, CBS News, Christian Science Monitor, Climate Change, climate map, colorado rain, conservation efforts, deconstructing dinner, endangered cats, genome sequence, global warming, Huffington Post, lobster killing, Maine, PETA, seafood plant, Treehugger, video