Newly discovered fresh water, trip-planning orangutans and a deadly molasses spill, all in today’s green news.
- Trying to get your kids outside more? Maybe you need to turn back the tech clock like these parents did… (MNN)
- Huge supplies of fresh water were just discovered in a drought-plagued region of Kenya. (New York Times)
- Worried about your travel carbon footprint? Try choosing smaller airlines. (Grist)
- Smart monkeys: Orangutans plan their travel routes ahead of time. (LA Times)
- Huge molasses spill in Hawai’i kills fish, could attract sharks. (Fox News)
Donate to The Nature Conservancy and give back to nature.
Tags: air travel, carbon footprint, fish kill, fox news, Grist, Hawaii, kenya acquifer, kenya fresh water, kids and nature, kids outside, L.A Times, MNN, molasses, New York Times, orangutans, sharks, small airlines, technology, travel plans