Could Santa be flooded out? Did “Sharknado” get something right? It’s all in today’s green news.
- Apparently we paved paradise and put up unused parking lots all over the place. Awesome. (Grist)
- Where the North Pole was once frozen, now there is a lake. Is Santa flooded out? (MNN)
- Ok, “Sharknado,” sometimes aquatic animals do fall from the sky (just not sharks). (National Geographic)
- U.S. government has redirected over $31M dollars owed to USAID to form a conservation fund in the Phillipines. (Mongabay)
- Perhaps animals in captivity don’t need toys or treats, but quality time with friends. (The New York Times)
Donate to The Nature Conservancy and give back to nature.
Tags: animals in captivity, captive animals, Climate Change, conservation fund, debt for nature, emotional enrichment, global warming, Grist, MNN, Mongabay, National Geographic, New York Times, north pole lake, north pole melting, paved paradise, phillipines, sharknado, unused parking lots