Napoleon Dynamite may be interested in today’s green news.
- A rare “zonkey” has been born in Italy. (Science World Report)
- 25 years after the Exxon Valdez disaster, the secret to one bird’s recovery may be bad news for mink. (Grist)
- Ocean pollution spreading faster than we thought? Microbes are feasting on ocean plastic waste. (ecogeek)
- A sand dune could doom the set of Star Wars: The Phantom Menace. (National Geographic)
- An offshore drilling rig exploded on Tuesday in the Gulf, and continues to burn. (NPR)
Donate to The Nature Conservancy and give back to nature.
Tags: donkey and zebra, EcoGeek, explosion, exxon valdeez, film set, Grist, Gulf, hybrid species, microbes, mink, National Geographic, npr, ocean waste, offshore drilling rig, phantom menace, plastic-eating microbes, sand dune, science world report, sea bird, star wars, zonkey