Happy Monday! It’s time for some green news on stinky flowers, backyard chickens and invasive species.
- If you haven’t visited the U.S. Botanical Garden yet, now is your time, as it’s about to smell like death. (Washington Post)
- There’s a reason people (and not just hipsters) are giving up their backyard chickens. (NPR)
- Death Valley: “Please stop frying eggs on our sidewalks.” (MNN)
- Zebra mussels have found their way into Minnesota lakes. (San Francisco Chronicle)
- New studies say fracking is causing earthquakes. (NBC News)
Donate to The Nature Conservancy and give back to nature.
Tags: backyard chickens, death valley, earthquakes, fracking, fried eggs, heat wave, Invasive species, minnesota, minnesota lake, MNN, nbc news, npr, san fransisco chronicle, u.s. botanical garden, Washington Post, zebra mussels