In today’s green news, we meet a swashbuckling new species.
- New pirate ant — eyepatch included! — discovered in the Philippines. (National Geographic)
- Kenya cracks down on poachers: increases fines by 2,500%. (Mongabay)
- Can you name the first bird ever discovered? This Jurassic fossil may help. (Nature)
- Make quick like a fox. Conservation efforts save dwarf foxes from extinction in record time. (TreeHugger)
- Google Street View takes you to the Galapagos Islands from the comfort of your desk chair. (Guardian)
Donate to The Nature Conservancy and give back to nature.
Tags: Africa, bird fossil, Birds, conservation, daily news, dwarf fox, environmental news, fossil, galapagos islands, Google Street View, green news, Guardian, Insects, Kenya, Mongabay, National Geographic, nature, Nature.com, Philippines, pirate ant, poaching, The Green Buzz, Treehugger