Today’s green news may inspire you to hop on your bike this weekend!
- More than 500 cities in 49 countries now have bike-sharing programs. (TreeHugger)
- Pea soup anyone? Algae blooms make for fascinating photos. (National Geographic)
- In Australia, a common place to find koalas is in the hospital. The cause? Chlamydia. (BBC Nature)
- Monkey see, monkey do. Like humans, monkeys and whales both react to peer pressure. (Huffington Post)
- Pay attention, class: college campuses are teaching us how to build a clean energy future. (CleanTechnica)
Donate to The Nature Conservancy and give back to nature.
Tags: algae blooms, Animals, Australia, bicycles, bike share, clean energy, CleanTechnica, college campuses, daily news, environmental news, green news, Huffington Post, koala, monkey, National Geographic, photography, students, The Green Buzz, Treehugger, whale