In today’s news, we learn of another example of humans influencing evolution. Interesting/scary stuff.
- To avoid being roadkill, bird evolve to have shorter wings. (New Scientist)
- The United States could see a Hurricane Katrina every other year. (USA Today)
- Points for creativity: photographer uses a floating swan disguise to get closer to birds. (TreeHugger)
- Where have all the monarch butterflies gone? (Mother Nature Network)
- Even in a darkened room, a rooster knows when to crow. (National Geographic)
Donate to The Nature Conservancy and give back to nature.
Tags: Animals, Birds, butterflies, Climate Change, daily news, environmental news, global warming, green news, hurricane, Hurricane Katrina, monarch butterfly, Mother Nature Network, National Geographic, New Scientist, rooster, The Green Buzz, Treehugger, USA Today, wildlife photography