Today’s green news makes us want to reach out a hug an animal.
- The numbers are staggering: Two-thirds of forest elephants are killed by ivory poachers in past decade. (Guardian)
- On a related/sad note: 3,000 great apes continue to be killed or captured every year. (TreeHugger)
- Global warming will open new shipping lanes in the Arctic. (Mongabay)
- Polar exploration becomes safer thanks to a yeti — a robot yeti, that is. (TG Daily)
- Selective fishing will only work if scientists + environmentalists + fishers work together. (NY Times)
Donate to The Nature Conservancy and give back to nature.
Tags: Animals, apes, Arctic, daily news, elephant, environmental news, Fish, fisheries, green news, Guardian, ivory, Mongabay, NY Times, polar exploration, shipping lanes, TG Daily, The Green Buzz, Treehugger