It’s back to the grind after a weekend of Inaugural Ball hopping (done via Instagram, of course). Here’s your green news!
- Obama utters those two bold words — climate change — in his inaugural speech. (TIME)
- There’s no other way to say it: air quality sucks across the Middle East and Asia. (TreeHugger)
- It may be controversial but it’s working. 21 Burmese pythons caught in Florida’s “Python Challenge.” (LA Times)
- Costa Rica joins Botswana and Zambia in banning wildlife hunting. (Mongabay)
- Penguin cam! Need we say more? (Guardian)
Donate to The Nature Conservancy and give back to nature.
Tags: air quality, asia, Burmese Python, Climate Change, environmental news, florida, green news, Guardian, inauguration, l.a. times, Los Angeles Times, Middle East, Mongabay, Obama, penguin, penguin cam, python challenge, The Green Buzz, Time, Treehugger, wildlife hunting