What’s huge, mysterious, and lives in the deep, dark sea?
- A team in Japan has filmed a giant squid in its natural habitat for the first time ever. (Huffington Post)
- Concord, Massachusetts, has become the first city in the U.S. to ban plastic bottles! (Treehugger)
- A study of ants has deepened concerns about the toxicity of plastic additives. (Green)
- We humans don’t have a monopoly on morality: Bonobos share bananas and do it, seemingly, altruistically. (MNN)
- A proposed copper mine to be built in the Lower Zambezi National Park has been rejected (thank goodness). (Mongabay)
Donate to The Nature Conservancy and give back to nature.
Tags: ants, bananas, bonobos, Concord, copper mine, giant squid, green, Huffington Post, Japan, Massachusetts, MNN, Mongabay, phthalates, plastic additives, plastic bottle ban, plastic bottles, zambezi river, Zambia