Brush up on today’s top green news stories (you’ll be the hit of any holiday party this weekend!).
- This just in: Amazon trees will likely survive man-made climate change. (RedOrbit)
- Do you know where the mercury in your fish comes from? (Grist)
- To make a safer bicycle helmet, just look to a woodpecker. (TreeHugger)
- New species of slow loris already in jeopardy due to illegal pet trade. Grumble, grumble… (Guardian)
- Cook Islands goes for gold and creates world’s largest shark sanctuary. (BBC)
Donate to The Nature Conservancy and give back to nature.
Tags: Amazon, BBC, bicycles, Borneo, Climate Change, cook islands, environmental news, fish mercury, green news, Grist, Guardian, mercury, pet trade, redorbit, shark sancutary, slow loris, The Green Buzz, Treehugger