These cool green stories are the Opening Ceremony for your weekend.
- Olympic athletes and public warned of London’s high “summer smog” levels. (Guardian)
- London is striving for a green games. Which venues succeeded and which failed to meet the goal? (National Geographic)
- How would the world’s best athletes measure up against the animal world? (nature.org)
- London’s hydrogen buses have been shut down for security reasons. Is it a farce? (TreeHugger)
- Science explains what separates a world class athlete from an Olympic champion. (Scientific American)
Donate to The Nature Conservancy and give back to nature.
Tags: athletes vs animals, athletic science, green games, Guardian, hydrogen buses, hydrogen buses security, london's hydrogen buses, london. london smog, nat geo, National Geographic, Nature Conservancy, nature.org, Olympics, scientific american, sport science, summer smog, Treehugger