Today we learn where Navassa Island is located — and why it’s so important.
- A small, uninhabited Caribbean island may be a refuge for endangered coral. (Mongabay)
- With amazing views like this, it’s good to be an astronaut. (Wired)
- Fukushima beaches open for the first time since the March 2011 tsunami. (Guardian)
- Trading in trash has never been tastier with “Delicious Recycling” program. (TreeHugger)
- Thanks to North Dakota, U.S. waste of natural gas grows rapidly. (Christian Science Monitor)
Donate to The Nature Conservancy and give back to nature.
Tags: astronaut, Caribbean, Christian Science Monitor, Coral Reefs, daily news, endangered coral, environmental news, Fukushima, green news, Guardian, Japanese tsunami, Mongabay, natural gas, north dakota, recycling, space, The Green Buzz, Treehugger, United States, Wired