Good morning! Caffeinate, read a green news story, repeat.
- Can the climate-ravaged world of “The Hunger Games” help rouse kids into action? (Grist)
- Flower power! This cheerful sunflower charges your electronics. (TreeHugger)
- Poachers have killed 135 endangered South Africa rhinos — in 2012. (Care2)
- Mountain pine beetles cause double trouble to pine forests. (Green)
- Nine of the world’s most majestic rivers are in peril. (Mother Nature Network)
Tags: books, care2, daily news, endangered species, environmental news, Forests, green news, Grist, Insects, Mother Nature Network, mountain pine beetle, movies, NY Times, rhino poaching, river conservation, rivers, solar power, south african rhino, The Green Buzz, the hunger games, Treehugger