Happy New Year, greenies!
- World’s first hybrid shark found in Australia’s waters. (Discovery News)
- Hehe. Scientists are tickling animals to learn how laughter has evolved. (BBC)
- China’s city dwellers will be breathing unhealthy air for at least another 20 years. (Guardian)
- African elephant ivory trade sadly rises in 2011. (Green)
- Ecuador makes a deal and raises $116 million to not drill in the Amazon. (Mongabay)
Donate to The Nature Conservancy and give back to nature.
Tags: Africa, air pollution, Amazon, Amazon rainforest, Australia, BBC, China, china air pollution, Discovery News, Ecuador, elephant, Evolution, gorilla, green news, Guardian, hybrid shark, ivory trade, laughter, marine life, New Year's, oil, oil drilling environment, shark