It’s not easy being green, but it sure beats the alternative.
- Is nature more resilient than we give it credit for? (Time)
- To encourage recycling, Mexico City is closing one of the world’s largest open-air garbage dumps. (YaleE360)
- Does birdsong have a positive effect on human creativity and well-being? Scientists are going to get to the bottom of it. (Guardian)
- The biggest enviro hits and misses of 2011: celebrity edition. (Treehugger)
- Unusually long-living animals may reveal secrets to human longevity. (Scientific American)
Tags: 2011, Birds, birdsong, birdsong and human well-being, enviro hits and misses, garbage dumps, Guardian, long-living animals, longevity, Mexico City, nature is resilient, Peter Kareiva, recycling, scientific american, Time, Treehugger, YaleE360