How Bloggers Can Support Green Gift Monday
What Is Green Gift Monday?
Green Gift Monday is the Conservancy’s special program that encourages good deeds for your friends, family and the environment throughout the holiday season, and we’re proud to be celebrating the second year of Green Gift Monday in 2011.
Green Gift Monday coincides with Cyber Monday, November 28, the biggest online shopping day of the year.
Building on Last Year’s Successes
Last year, Green Gift Monday was a huge success with 65+ partners showcasing their support. For Green Gift Monday 2011, we’re striving to make the campaign even bigger and better than last year. We’re asking blogs, nonprofits and retailers to join the movement and promote the concept through their own channels. Check out the list of partners already supporting this year’s efforts.
We’d love for bloggers to join in and raise awareness by promoting green, responsible giving options for the holidays – like purchasing energy efficient products, creating a do-it-yourself project, or donating to a charity in a gift recipient’s honor.
Here’s how you can help:
- Write a blog post in support of the day and include a link back to our hub page (the sooner the better, we’re showcasing blog posts now through the holiday season).
- Ask your readers to sign the pledge to give green this holiday season.
- Let us know via email when your post is live.
- Promote the day through social media, using the hash tag #GGM2011. Sample tweets/status updates:
- Pledge to give green this holiday season by supporting Green Gift Monday http://nature.ly/bvXxCr #GGM2011
- Cyber Monday turns Green! Join the #GGM2011 movement http://nature.ly/bvXxCr
- How will you make your holidays green? http://nature.ly/bvXxCr #GGM2011
In turn, we’ll add your post to the Partner Posts section of our site and promote it through our social media channels.
Have a green holiday season and feel free to contact us with your questions!