Here’s your daily dose of green news to bring you out of your post-Halloween sugar crash.
- Anything Google does, Facebook can do better. Enter: Facebook’s two new energy efficient data centers. (CleanTechnica)
- Warming oceans could push Australia’s seaweed into oblivion. (TreeHugger)
- In Mexico City, what happens when your run out of room to build new buildings? Create an “earthscrapper” underground. (Grist)
- Upgrading your smartphone to the next shiny new model comes with a price on the environment. (Washington Post)
- 8,000 cars pass through Yosemite Valley a day. A new plan to protect Yosemite’s Merced River may limit those visitors. (Huffington Post)
Tags: Australia, CleanTechnica, Climate Change, electronics, facebook, google, Grist, Huffington Post, Mexico, Mexico City, seaweed, smartphone, technology, Treehugger, Washington Post, Yosemite National Park