Giant catfish and invasive species terrorists– this is the stuff nightmares are made of.
- Cool or terrifying? Scientists have found humongous (like, 100-lb+) catfish swimming in a French river. (Conservation Magazine)
- Banning hybrid vehicles from carpool lanes slows everyone down, says a new report. (Green)
- The state of Vermont plans to get 90% of its energy from renewable sources by 2050. (EcoGeek)
- But! If the entire country started seriously deploying wind and solar to scale right now, the whole place could run on clean energy by 2026. (Treehugger)
- The “War on Terror” may have helped keep terrorists out of the US, but it for sure welcomed invasive species right on in. (Grist)
Donate to The Nature Conservancy and give back to nature.
Tags: carpool lanes, catfish, clean energy, Conservation Magazine, EcoGeek, France, green, Grist, huge catfish, hybrid vehicles, Invasive species, Rhone River, solar power, Treehugger, Vermont, War on Terror, wind power