The latest and greatest in cool green news:
- Here’s a reason why you should stop eating frog legs. (Extinction Countdown)
- Will geneticially engineered food crops be a necessity in the future? (Green Biz)
- A potential source of renewable fuel: the enzymes in a cow’s stomach. (GoodCleanTech)
- Removing non-power-generating dams in the Northeast could help save fisheries. (Grist)
- Jeopardy question: What U.S. state produces more grain than the entire country of Canada? (TreeHugger)
Donate to The Nature Conservancy and give back to nature.
Tags: Atlantic fisheries, Connecticut River, cow stomach enzymes, dam, dam removal, Extinction Countdown, frog extinction, frog legs, genetically engineered food, GMO, GoodCleanTech, grain production, Green Biz, Grist, iowa, renewable fuel, Treehugger