Happy World Oceans Day! Celebrate with the best green news from the deep blue sea and beyond.
- Our lead scientist, Sanjayan, thanks the oceans for all the great stuff they provide. (Huffington Post Green)
- Could your favorite childhood toy be contributing to the destruction of Indonesian rainforests? (Mongabay)
- Climate change: Now at least partially responsible for cholera outbreaks, according to one study. (YaleE360)
- Save energy and money and still stay cool this summer. (The Daily Green)
- Jellyfish blooms aren’t just annoying to beach-goers– they might also be disrupting marine food webs. (Scientific American)
Tags: air conditioning, cholera and climate change, Climate Change, energy savings, health, Huffington Post Green, Indonesia, jellyfish blooms, jellyfish disrupt marine food web, Mongabay, rainforest destruction, Sanjayan, scientific american, summer, The Daily Green, things the ocean provides, toys, World Oceans Day, YaleE360