Microbes in space (!) and more exciting green news:
- Which is more frightening: traditional livestock practices or “growing” meat in labs? (DotEarth)
- New research says cell phones are contributing to the decline of honeybees. (Treehugger)
- Drought hits central China, drying up reservoirs along the Yangtze River. (The New York Times)
- The world’s middle class is growing, which should mean more consumption and pollution… does it? (Christian Science Monitor)
- Yesterday’s space shuttle launch sent six astronauts plus a bobtail squid, a water bear and “Conan the Bacterium” into space. (Wired)
Donate to The Nature Conservancy and give back to nature.
Tags: bee collapse, China, Christian Science Monitor, Conan the Bacterium, DotEarth, drought, Endeavour, global middle class, honeybee decline, lab meat, livestock, microbes in space, New York Times, Treehugger, water bear, Wired, Yangtze River