Meatless Mondays go mainstream–which definitely means no shark fin soup. Order up for 5 cool green news links!
- Sharks are worth far more in the water–$1.9 million!–than in a soup, says new study. (Mongabay)
- Tilapia, the most popular farmed fish eaten in the U.S., has a shady environmental story. (The New York Times)
- 3,000 corporate cafeterias and hospitals will soon offer “Meatless Mondays.” (GreenBiz)
- For all you app-addicts, check out Al Gore’s latest climate change venture. (Grist)
- The recent worldwide decline in loggerhead sea turtles is due to changing climate and ocean conditions. (Conservation Journal Watch)
Donate to The Nature Conservancy and give back to nature.
Tags: Al Gore, Climate Change, climate change app, climate change book, Conservation Journal Watch, farmed fish, GreenBiz, Grist, loggerhead sea turtle, Meatless Monday, Mongabay, New York Times, Oceans & Coasts, Oceans & Coasts, Our Choice, Palau ecotourism, shark fin soup, Sodexo, tilapia, value of sharks