It’s the first day of March, which means the beginning of spring is just around the corner. Right??
- A ‘small’ nuclear war could reverse global warming, but is that really such a good idea? (National Geographic)
- A new study will examine the health effects of the Gulf oil spill on clean-up workers. (Green)
- Low-flow toilets may save water, but they’re creating a stink in San Francisco. (CNN)
- Turtles are in a crisis, threatened by habitat loss, the pet trade and harvesting for food and traditional medicines. (Extinction Countdown)
- It’s National Invasive Species Awareness Week–get educated about unwanted critters! (Dot Earth)
Donate to The Nature Conservancy and give back to nature.
Tags: climate change research, CNN, Dot Earth, Extinction Countdown, global warming, green, Gulf oil spill, habitat loss, Invasive species, low-flow toilet, National Geographic, National Invasive Species Awareness Week, nuclear war, San Francisco, turtle, Turtles in Trouble, Water conservation