Polar bears are on a climate-induced diet while we eat salad in winter…it’s a perplexing world:
- A new study reveals a grim future for polar bears–and this video of a starving mom and cubs brings it all home. [Warning: the video is very hard to watch.] (Green)
- Green design is helping Nike recycle 82 million plastic bottles into shirts, shoes and more. (GreenBiz)
- Sewage as a source of energy–why not? (NY Times)
- The global economy depends on healthy ecosystems, says Prince Charles. (Mongabay)
- If you’ve eaten a salad recently, you might want to pay attention to Southern California’s water issues. (NPR)
Donate to The Nature Conservancy and give back to nature.
Tags: Agriculture, green, Green Biz, green energy, healthy ecosystems, Hudson Bay, Imperial Valley, Mongabay, Nike, npr, NY Times, polar bear video, polar bears, Prince Charles, recycle plastic bottles, sewage, southern California, Water conservation, water wars