Punxsutawney Phil may say winter’s over, but keep a sweater on hand for these cool green links:
- The NFL plans to offset the 15,000 megawatt hours of energy it’ll expend during the Super Bowl. (Treehugger)
- The EPA is going to limit the amount of toxic rocket fuel chemicals in your drinking water, which sounds like a good idea. (AP via Washington Post)
- A California woman has turned her home into a sanctuary for rare, threatened birds. (Mongabay)
- The Yellow Pages is making it easy to opt out of receiving the paper-heavy phone book. (Green House)
- Is Jon Huntsman the greenest GOP presidential hopeful? (Grist)
Donate to The Nature Conservancy and give back to nature.
Tags: 2012 election, AP, Associated Press, bird sanctuary, bird sanctuary in home, Birds, California, carbon offsets, drinking water, EPA, Green House, Grist, Jon Huntsman, Mongabay, NFL, rocket fuel chemicals in water, Super Bowl, Super Bowl offsets, Treehugger, Washignton Post, Water Conservation, Yellow Pages, Yellow Pages opt out